Improving Transport Links
Photo Credit: Wikipedia
Throughout 2016/2017 we worked closely with the Partnership Transport Group and West Yorkshire Transport Chiefs to help improve transport links for the town’s businesses.
Some of the areas we discussed were:
- Additional signage at Menston station to note passengers should change for Otley. Possibility of in train announcements. Clearly visible signage from the train to the Otley bus service.
- Improved bus links to Otley which co-ordinate with train arrival and departure times
- Any opportunities to improve bus links to Wharfebank Mills at the start and end of the working day
- Improved Sunday services
- Discounts for BID members via Metro
- Requesting a meeting with TransDev and Connexions
- The renaming of Menston station hit opposition and therefore couldn’t be progressed any further. Sadly we haven’t been able to influence any significant changes, but we will keep making representations and responding to consultations.