Events are a big part of Otley’s tourism draw, bringing thousands of regular and new visitors to the town.
These visitors spend fun time with their families, making memories and visiting our shops, pubs, cafes and restaurants. Some even decide to move here off the back of enjoying such events, which results in an ever thriving town, both in the property market and bringing new and returning customers to buy from our local businesses.
Events also bring our community together to enjoy time with family and friends.
It’s for these reasons that the BID feels it’s important to support local events with funding and grants. Here’s some of the events we have supported since we began in 2014, and still support to this day:
- Otley Coffee Festival (postponed in 2020 due to the Covid-19 Pandemic) (grant)
- Kids Funtime – school holiday events in collaboration with Leeds Breeze (fully funded)
- Otley Victorian Fayre & Lantern Parade (fully funded)
- Otley Food and Drink Festival (part-funded)
- Otley Show – Shop Local Marquee (fully funded)
- Halloween Family Trick or Treat in collaboration with The Ethical Jeweller (part-funded)
- Otley Pub Club – Annual Tour de Yorkshire changing of the pub names / Invasion of the Roundheads (July 2016) (part-funded)
- Classic Car Displays in the Market Place (part-funded)
- BOOM Music Festival (part-funded)