As you are aware, the Prime Minister announced last night a further National Lockdown from today (Tuesday 5th January) until at least February half term (mid Feb). This is a huge blow and disappointment for all our local Otley businesses and to help you understand what this means for you I have gathered the most up to date information that is currently available, this includes:
- Current Lockdown Restrictions
- New Financial Support for Businesses
Summary of Current Lockdown Restrictions
Please see below links explaining what we can/cannot do, as well as which businesses must close and which may remain open:
- A summary of what these National Lockdown Restrictions are can be found HERE.
- Businesses and venues which MUST CLOSE can be found HERE.
- Businesses and venues which may REMAIN OPEN can be found HERE.
Summary of Additional Financial Support for Businesses
- One-off top up grants for retail, hospitality and leisure businesses worth up to £9,000 per property to help businesses through to the Spring
- £594 million discretionary fund also made available to support other impacted businesses
- comes in addition to £1.1 billion further discretionary grant funding for Local Authorities, Local Restriction Support Grants worth up to £3,000 a month and extension of furlough scheme
Visit the Government’s website to read more information regarding these grants HERE.
Leeds City Council are currently working on the £9k Top Up Grant Scheme so please keep checking back to their website HERE.
Coronavirus financial support – use this checker to find financial support for your business HERE.
Please see below a summary of restrictions at a glance:
If you have any questions once you’ve read the above information and relevant links, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will do what I can to help. (Please do not add a comment to this post as the website isn’t monitored as regularly as direct emails.)
Otley Business Improvement District Champion