Visit Otley is Otley’s tourism brand.
Otley BID is a significant funder (circa 50%) of Otley’s Tourism Marketing Strategy. In collaboration with Otley Town Council, Otley Town Partnership and Otley Chamber of Trade, these 4 organisations make up the Town Co-ordination Committee, who’s main aim is to raise Otley’s profile as a place to live, work and visit.
Recent projects include:
- Website and social media support
- Local and national PR support articles in the Sunday Times, Sun, Mirror, Telegraph
- Annual Christmas video creation (View on You Tube), reach over the four videos has exceeded 200,000 people
- Design, print and distribution of promotional literature to advertise Otley as a shopping and tourist destination – various Trail Leaflets, Christmas Shopping Brochure etc.
- Coach Friendly Status for Otley – this is a prestigious national award from the Confederation of Passenger Transport and is held by less than 30 other destinations. Working with Otley Town Partnership to promote Otley as a coach tour destination, which includes TV location tours such as the Emmerdale, Heartbeat, DCI Banks, The Chase and The Hairy Bikers to name but a few. Visitors receive a ‘welcome arrival’ by our very own Otley Bellman
- Coach Friendly Destination Award nominee – Otley has twice been nominated (2018, 2020) for the country’s most Coach Friendly Destination award at the British Coach Tourism Awards. The 2020 nomination has been rolled over to 2021.
- Collaboration with Welcome to Yorkshire and Visit Leeds to attract a wider audience to Otley.
- Website Hits – in non-Covid times, hits to the website were around 200 per day. In the last four years since the inception of the Town Coordination committee, page likes for the Visit Otley website have almost doubled from circa 1600 to 3100
- PR coverage – articles in the Sunday Times, Sun, Mirror, Telegraph on a national level. Regular coverage on BBC Leeds, Leeds TV, Stray FM, Yorkshire Post, Yorkshire Evening Post. In 2018, national press coverage alone the equivalent ad value of more than £80,000
- Chippendale 300 Campaign – received national recognition and coverage
- 16 page tourism brochure – Some 20,000 copies of Otley’s regularly printed tourism brochure have been circulated around the wider West Yorkshire area, appearing on brochure stands at tourism information centres and arts venues such as the West Yorkshire Playhouse.